I can't remember...

When is ok to start giving babies cheerios to eat?

My son is 3 now(don't worry, he gets cheerios) and I honestly don't remember how old he was when I first started giving them to him.

My daughter is 7 months old right now and I want to offer them to her but I'm worried about her choking.

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 6:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can offer them now.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My son was 7and a half months
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Six months you can start feeding them table foods.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• If I remember correctly, part of the reason Cheerios are a good starter/safe food is because they are small and have the hole in the center. They won't prevent breathing like other items that are choked on. If she can sit up and eat baby foods she should be ok with Cheerios.

Just please always remain in the room with baby when she eats. So many Mom's on here seem to think it's fine to jump in the shower or even nap while their little ones are eating.
    Anonymous

• As long as she's ready for solids, you can give her Cheerios. So sitting up, using the pincer grasp, wanting to eat food, etc. Most babies are ready by 7 months. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2010