Am I the crazy Momma??!! lol

So my son is almost 10 months.... Whenever he takes naps I check on him like every 5 mins to make sure he is breathing, at night he usually sleeps with me (his father and I live together but don't sleep together if you get my drift) and I wake up to make sure he is ok.... like 20 times.... I'm tired all the time because of it! how can I calm this down?? I'm so worried about him all the time!! Please don't make smart comments because that is the last thing I need

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• realize that he's FINE

Anonymous

• You'll eventually stop, hopefully soon :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Think about it. He has been fine all of this time. He is past some of the danger points for SIDS, he can roll over by himself, probably pulling himself up (If given a chance!). How long do you want to keep doing this? How long do you want to stay this tired? I'm not trying to be a wise guy. It is time to start enjoying him. I promise you can go back to worrying when he's a teenager (I know from experience!) If you can't break your worry, maybe you should try to find some counselling. (Again, I'm not trying to be a wise guy.) Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• it could be a sign you have an anxiety disorder and your doc may be able to help you
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I don't think you're crazy. And it will pass.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• well yes you are, your overwhelmed with fear and that alone can ruin his life.
    Anonymous

• if u put him in a safe bed and let him sleep, the rest is in God's hands. what good is it going to do if you check him every 5 min? if he dies in his sleep,(im assuming that's your worry) you are not going to prevent it, you're just going to find him dead sooner than you would have had you not checked him. i know that sounds so harsh, and believe me, that's not my intention. it's not healthy for you to wake 20 times a night. are you worried about rolling over on him? if so, put him in a crib. are you worried about him getting kidnapped? check your locks. as of now, yes! you are that crazy mama! identify your true worry and eliminate it!
    Anonymous

• You can get a monitor that monitors the noises he makes, etc. They sell them at walmart, meijer, babies r us.
    Just tell yourself "He's fine, He's fine." I did the same thing and I just talk myself into knowing he's okay.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You are checking too much. You could hold him while he naps. I do that with my grandson. Waking 20 times at night to check is too much. Sleeping with your baby because you have a symbiotic breastfeeding relationship is good. Sleeping with your baby because you are afraid there is something wrong with the baby isn't.

I suggest making an appointement with a mental health clinic or professional to be evaluated. You want to get better so you can be the best mother you can be for your child.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It doesn't seem normal to me to wake up that many times to check on a baby who's sleeping peacefully. I know new moms worry, and it's part of the job, but like someone else said, you need to figure out exactly what it is that you are afraid of and find a way to overcome it so you can rest. If you're not crazy already, you could end up that way from lack of sleep. I don't mean to sound like a smart ass either, but you probably need to talk to your dr or someone about this.
    Anonymous