Anything I need to know before we leave on our road trip?

We're driving from Los Angeles to Albuquerque from 9pm until ? If we get too sleepy we plan to stop along the way. DS (22mos) will most likely sleep thru the night as he usually does. Is there anything I may need that I'm forgeting about????

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Lots of toys, snacks, when i went from texas to saint louis missouri last yr i had a 1yr old, 2yr old and 5yr old and it was hecktic, but we bought a portible dvd player and lots of cheap new movies they have never seen to keep them occupied
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• probably not. it's about 10 hours I believe (check mapquest). Just have a lot of entertaining things for him to play with....if he wakes up.
    Anonymous

• Portable DVD player and his favorite DVD's. That saved the passengers from a whiney, cranky, tired, and restless little boy. On our road trip from Michigan to Arizona. He also loved his dog that sings/says things when you press his paws, ear, belly, and heart. Brings snacks that he loves just incase. Premake any sippy cups or bottles (if he still uses them) and put them in a cooler with ice, so you don't have to stop to make him one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Im driving from OR to VA in about three weeks. With my newborn. I hope your trip goes good. Im niece did really well on a 12 hour drive, and shes 15 months. She slept most of the way. Just make sure you have something to entertain him with and make frequent stops so he can stretch and get out of the seat, that is if hes awake.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• check to see where rest areas are and if any are closed.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• did you pack the Dramamine? If not it is very likely that when you arrive at where your going your whole car will sell like vomit! I've been doing 8 hr trips twice a year with my kids since they were infants. They are older now but with out fail every trip at least one if not more pukes in the car!
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010