HOW DO YOU STOP YOUR CHILDS INTERESTS IN "THEMSELVES"??

I HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT MY 3 YR. OLD SON HAS DISCOVERD HIMSELF "DOWN THERE". WE JUST STARTED TO POTTY TRAIN AGAIN FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME SO I DONT KNOW IF THAT MAY HAVE BROUGHT THIS ON... BUT I FIND HIM HIDING IN THE CORNER OR IN HIS ROOM FONDELING HIMSELF. IS THIS NORMAL?? CAN IT BE STOPPED?? OR DID SOMEONE PERPATRATE ON HIM?? WHAT SHOULD I DO IF IT PROGRESSES??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's normal. He's discovered something that feels good. I've raised my boys to know its normal, but that it's something to be done in private. It's not something to be ashamed of and it is not a sign of being molested.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It's normal. Just tell him that he should only do that in his room when he's by himself. If you start telling him it's wrong to do, then you'll end up screwing him up for sexuality when he's older and he'll view sexuality as wrong and bad.
    Anonymous

• It's normal. As long as he's doing it in private it's ok. Don't tell him it's wrong. It will really do more damage.
    Anonymous

• It's absolutely normal, it feels good to him, and kids aren't as repressed as most adults are... Just tell him to do it in private, and it'll be just fine :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Have you never been around males before? They find out pretty early that it feels good and never stop playing with it! Girls do it too you know,its a normal thing to masturbate.
    Anonymous

• It's normal just enforce privacy with the matter. Only in your room or only in your bed. Wash your hands when you are done. No it can't be stopped completely. It is after all his body and he is going to touch it but you can set limits.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010