Choosing a baby bottle

I was wondering if I could get some advice on a great baby bottle that is easy to clean and helps reduce air but is also BPA free. I've seen numerous reviews and don't know what way to go. Please give a reason. Thanks so much for the help.

AshleyG.

Asked by AshleyG. at 6:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our baby has been colicky and fussy since the day she was born. We have bought 3 types of bottle for her to try. The playtex ones would have her hiccuping and fussy b/c she was consuming ALOT of air even though they are supposed to help with that. The second we tried were the DR Browns. Those helped a lil bit with the colic BUT she would spit up half the bottle and alot of the formula would go to waste. Also she was still really gassy which isnt good for colic. THEN we found Born Free bottles. They are the more expensive of the the 3 but work the best. They are BPA free, help reduce air, gas, colic and ear infections ALOT! Our daughter is still colicky but not nearly as much as she useto be. They are easy to clean and easy to use. They dont leak like the other 2 uesto and in the long run they come out cheaper. I really hope this helps!
    Grumpybaby

Answer by Grumpybaby at 2:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i love the NUK brand then there is PLAYTEX it has bags and all u have to wash is thenipple...
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 6:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I use Avent bottles. They work for us. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Dr Brown's. They are super easy to clean and have an airvent system
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 6:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sorry, I didn't give a reason :( I'm a space cadet.

We use the Avent ones because they don't make my DD as gassy as the playtex ones seem to and there easy to wash.
    They're wider too so they're easier for her to hold on her own and she prefers the shape and size of the nipples on them over other brands we've tried.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Mine would take anything..and no one bottle was better than any other in our case.

What will really drive your bottle choice is your baby...so buy the smallest pack of whichever one you want to try. That way you haven't spent too much

Answer by gdiamante at 7:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We started with the playtex ventaires but changed to nuk. my daughter only takes the nuk, and if your breastfeeding its the best i think, easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher, BEST OF LUCK!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I used just about EVERYTHING but the playtex ventaires..they leaked SOOOO bad...i really like the playtex drop ins they were easy but can get expensive when you add up the cost of the liners...but for a gasy colicy baby it really is a good choice!! Dr. browns are pretty expensive and have a ton of pieces that get REALLY yucky to wash!! Its really going to depend like the PP said on your baby, and the type of nipple he/she will take...i didnt have a picky baby thankfuly!! GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i used avent with both of mine and we will never use a different one it costs a little more but is worth it
    tiffany13728

Answer by tiffany13728 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We loved Dr. Brown's for both of our kids. However, they are only easy to clean if you have a dishwasher and can buy the dishwasher baskets. My husband says if we have another one we won't be buying them again because he hates all the parts (and we even have a dishwasher)! I think if I ever have another one I will go with Avent because I've heard a lot of good things about them.
    aubB06

Answer by aubB06 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2010