I am engaged to a man with a teen son that has bipolar dissorder and he has alot of behaviors recently threatened to pull a chair out from under neath me while i was standing on it to get to top of fridge

we have him on medication and therapy and the therapist is cradling him. we told the therapist about his constant lies and therapist dont believe it and says maybe we are just miss comunicationg because the step son is a manipulator. He tried to purposely drop my 5 month old daughter and it is his half sister. He will go to his biological mom and complain and lie and she will come after me and my fiance. She is being more a friend to her children than a parent and it is making it harder on us. She will allow them to do whatever. she has thrown the step son on our lap claiming she cannot handle him yet when we do it our way and groiund him she attacks us for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• What's your question?
    Anonymous

• leave, now. take that baby, go to court, and say your baby is not safe in the home with the teenager so the baby's father will have to go to your home for visitation. you have to do what you can to keep your baby safe, it is NOT worth your relationship. secrectly record the teen when you think he's going to say something/do something like that and do it several times so you have something to go to court with.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Then the best I can say is don't marry this man. Take your children, see about visitations for the father and that's it.
    If this is case of 'look at how bad the step son is, so let's get him out of our hair' then I don't agree with that. He's the fiance's responsibility- not to be dumped for another child and certainly not for a new woman in his life.
    If you are willing to see what needs to be done to help your (possibly)stepson and accept him as your child,mental illness and all, then it's up to you if you want to marry.
    but if you can't then give up the fantasy of happily ever after and embrace the reality.
    BTW-it may be a good idea to learn all you can about the disease because bi-polar disease is considered genetic by many - so you may be getting the same behavior from your 5 month old daughter in time.

maybe his meds aren't working, maybe he needs a new therapist- but I wouldn't plan to just kick him aside-
    GL!
    Anonymous

• I lost a baby over a mans child that was like this.
    She said she wanted to see what would happen if she hit me in the stomach.(which left huge bruises)
    Tried to push me down the stairs.
    Close doors on me .
    Trip me on purpose.
    Wake me and tell me get my a@@ out of bed even though was tired.
    When he asked why all she did is smiled and said i do not know.
    He wanted to get her in some in patient therapy since prior her aunt kicked the family out the mom and girils i should say because she feared for her own kids safety.
    When the mom was told to get help she said her kid is fine it is the others that need to change.
    That being said i had to leave because this was dangerous.
    His daughter would also kick my cat on purpose or hit her sister and laugh..not right.
    Anonymous

• Honey, you are in a really bad situation. My advice to you, which may not be what you want to hear, is get out of the relationship! It is not safe for you or your other children.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2010