What to charge?

I have a mother that wants me to watch her three kids on a saturday. The ages are 3, 6, and 9. The hours would be from 8am to 7pm. What would you charge?

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 7:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would ask for around 60.00 a day if it's cash. That's not even $6 an hour. If it's a check and you have to claim it ask for more.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• are u doing this to help the mother or to make money? are u a close friend? it really depends on why u are doing it... i would as for btwn $30-$50. that way it will cover meals for u, and a lil left over. but i tend to undercharge for sitting because i do it as a favor and i love kids. hope that helps. if its someone that is struggling, why dont u ask her to suggest a price?
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i liuke to pay my sister 5 an hour. but thats one child the age of 2.... but when i baby sat 2 kids for the weekend i got 50.... but charge 1 flat rate, not per hour.. maybe 5 an hour for 1 kid and then another 2 dollars pera kid, ask her what she would be willing to pay..
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010