how do i deal with this next time it happens?

Hello: First of all been a while since I have been here sorry had some issues okay I have a 17 year old daughter born with downe's syndrome okay last Friday she comes in from school catching a cold well got cold medicine okay keep her home Monday send to school Tuesday they call saying her nose is running
her teacher and aide bring her home well I keep her home today and now I am starting to stress about tomorrow do I send her or not, her nose is better she does have a little cough nothing bad.

Now from now on someone told me to get a 12 hour cold medcine good idea I cannot drive and if they call I have no way of getting how do I handle this and school tomorrow all replies ASAP thanks

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would contact the school, make them aware of your situation, and see what they prefer you do.

If you haven't the means to pick her up tomorrow, and she still has signs of a cold, small or big. Play it safe and keep her home one more day.

That'd be what I would do. :D

Good luck, hope she gets well soon.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 7:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I would think that if it's no big deal (no fever, just a runny nose and a little cough? To me that is no big deal) that she should be able to go to school. Can she wipe her own nose? I would think that the 12 hour would be fine, but why not get get some day-quil? That would take care of everything, she is 17 so I wouldn't think that there should be an issue.... I personally would get her some 12 hour or day quill and send her on her way.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• If she can wipe her own nose I don't know why they insist on bringing her home, unless she acts like she feels bad. Schools usually only send them home if they have a fever.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 9:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010