can some one who is well versed in the HR bill help me out here?

I've been flipping through the table of contents of the bill and have been reading certain sections trying to find something in particular that I cannot find.. it is possible it is not there, I don't know. I'm trying to find something that my sister was bitching about the other day, she said something about, the HR bill gives them the right to go into our bank accounts and just take the fees out, or something to that effect? Anyone? Is this even in there? And if it is, where? Thanks in advance.

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You sister is incorrect. Here's an explanation for you: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_13249326?source=bb 

StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• The IRS can and they will be the one's doing the enforcing.
    Anonymous

• @ Anonymous ~ please take your fear-mongering elsewhere. I'm not buying it, and I've read the ENTIRE bill. Have you?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• all the links on that google search said NOTHING about the IRS actually tapping your personal bank account. One does say they can tap your federal refund, which is something they can do anyway. They did it to me this year.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You keep allowing the government more control over our lives and it will come soon enough
    Anonymous

• anon :04, I completely agree with you. I was just asking about something very specific in the bill. I do not agree with more than half of what's in it because I do not think the gov't has any business getting any more invovled in our personal lives than they already are.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yes, they can!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I ask again, SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS THAT.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Section 163 of the House bill (page 59) , under the heading "Administrative Simplification."

"The legislative summary says the intent in the section is "to adopt standards for typical transactions" between insurance companies and health care providers."
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2010