Masturbation-Adult discussion warning!

I see alot of gals on here flippingout over their kids masturbating as toddlers.I wasn't aware that the stigma of it being dirty and wrong somehow still ran rampant through parent's minds! Where is this coming from in this age still? I figured women who grew up in the 70's and 80's knew that this was a normal progression of sexual awareness.Is this a religious thing still being taught to young people?The whole blindness and hairy palms thing?lol We need to realize that we are sexual beings from birth,not from puberty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Very well said!! And anyone who has researched, taken psych class or has just grown into themselves knows its normal and natural!! Although i do believe that some modesty should be taught..we definitely need to quit teaching kids that the naked body is nasty or wrong! Self exploration is part of life too!!! :)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• WELL Said! :D

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 8:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I don't know exactly what you are asking, but I think that if my toddler was masturbating I would be EXTREMELY concerned. Is that just me?
    Anonymous

• If I were to catch my son (7yr old son) masterbating, I would tell him to go into his room and do it where no one could see or know what he is doing. To me, it's a normal practice of exploration of ones body and I would not want my son to be ashamed of his body or what he is doing to it. He just needs to know that some things should be private. That's my stance on it. I have been masterabating since I was 7yrs old and I'm just fine.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Have you all lost your minds worriedmommy600 and OP
    Anonymous

• How exactly have we lost our minds? lol OP here
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• And what happened to control over sexual urges? If it were appropriate, people would be having sex on the street, in front of other kids...
    should we make that excuse to adults that expose themselves? "they're just sexual beings"....gimme a break!
    Anonymous

• anon :16,are you afraid your kid will become a flasher or something later on if he plays with himself now?! Trust me,all men masturbate and very few are public offenders!
    Anonymous

• Yes why would you want anyone to learn self control.
    Anonymous

• How should one control the urges at 3 or 4?You can't give a kid a lesson in morality and sexual practices! They just know it feels good!
    Anonymous