Car seat trouble...............

How do you Mom's handle it when your two year old throws a tantrum when you are putting them in the car seat? I just turned my son forward facing a few weeks ago and it seems ever since I did he just flat out just doesn't want to get into his seat. He ddin't seem to mind it so much before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• In my experience, ALL kids go through a carseat hating period. You just have to get through it.

I have 3 strategies: One is to make a game of it... with my boys making it a competition worked. "Race them to their seat". The second is to wait it out... if you don't have to be anywhere at a certain time, just wait. Sit in your seat and say "I'm going to wait here until you get in your seat". The third is just to force them. Not getting into the carseat isn't an option, and sometimes you have to be somewhere so you just have to force them in and buckle them up. They get over it.

sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I am a forward facing at 1 year believer, but if your child started the problems once they were turned front ways then why not try facing it the other way.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I can't. He got to big and the seat we have now is a forward facing only seat.
    Anonymous

• hes 2, let him know that its not acceptable behavior, and that he can either sit in the seat, or stay home.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sometimes it take my husband and I both to get our toddler in his seat -- one of us holding him down while the other buckles him in. Sometimes, if it's just me, I have to bribe him with toys (taking toys with him, not getting new ones). And sometimes, if we're not going somewhere we have to be, I bring him back inside and let him get his tantrum out.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• what seat is he
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010