How much weight should have I gained at six months?

My OB dr.s nurse didn't seem to happy today about my weight gain. But I didn't get a chance to ask how much I should have gained by now. Do you know?

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 8:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 7 pounds total she said. She asked if i've been sick a lot.. I havent been sick for a few months now.. I just don't ever eat very good. Its habit.
    Anonymous

• Normal weight gain is 25-35 lbs. How much weight have you gained????
    Anonymous

• not sure how much by 6 months but through my first pregnancy I gained 65 pounds lol, but I blame that on McDonalds cause I wanted chicken nuggets, fries and milkshake for the first 5 months almost every single day lol so I said with baby number 2 I wasn't going to eat that much fast food nomatter what I craved. Baby 2 I gained 43 pounds. So it maybe what you are eating throughout the day or whatever. How much do you weigh now? It could be water weight too I did also have a lot of that with my first.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

Didn't mean to make that anonymous!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 8:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Not to lecture you, but you NEED to eat good. You're not just eating for yourself. Eat healthy and eat often. You need to gain weight so that your baby will gain weight and be healthy when you have her/him. Also, you need to be healthy when you have the baby so you can recover quicker to take care of the baby.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 8:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• im 4 days shy of 6 months i have only gain 8 lbs

i also have a bad habbit of not eatting but what i been making my self eat even if its a snack here and there through out the day
    Anonymous

• With my first, I had gained about 15-20 lbs by 6 months. With my second, at 6 months I'd just gained back the 7 lbs I'd lost during the first trimester, plus an extra 2-4 lbs. The second time around, I had practically no appetite during my whole pregnancy and basically had to force myself to at least act like I was eating for the sake of my toddler, so he would eat. But both times, I had a perfectly normal, healthy pregnancy and baby. The only time weight gain, or rather lack there-of, would be a huge problem is if you're underweight to begin with, then you really need to gain weight. Otherwise, as long as the baby is ok and everything's going according to plan, it will be fine. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• im about 7 and half months pregnant and havent gained anything above my starting weight. i started at 183 went down to 177 and am now 183. my dr doesnt say anything cause my baby is growing fine. i have been to 3 drs trying to get someone i like. its not always about how much you gain but how your baby is growing and how your health is, thats what i was told. just make sure you eat enough
    jayde08

Answer by jayde08 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2010