How can i break the cycle of these pinworms??Someone help me PLEASE!!

Me and my son have been suffering from pinworms, for about two months now. I have taken three doses of one medicine for them and then two doses of something stronger that hasen't worked! I don't know what to do, it is driving me insane!! I am a obsessive compulsive cleaner to begin with, now all i do is clean. Does anyone have any advice, or have delt with the pinworms as bad as we have? Anything would be greatly appreciated! jami-nicole

jami-nicole

Asked by jami-nicole at 9:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Health

• from what i have read, tons, and tons of raw shredded carrot will flush them out of your system. OR, if you have a juicer, tons of fresh carrot juice (NOT the pasteurized stuff from the store). My sister dealt with it with three of her five kids, and I know its horrible... but she said the carrots worked. And when I mean tons, I mean TONS. they must have had half of their diet be shredded carrot for a couple of weeks.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• What were the instructions for the meds? was it only to take 3 & 2 doses? doesn't sound right to me. Generally those treatments are for about a week or so
    Anonymous

• Oh man, that sucks.

I don't really know what to suggest that you don't already seem to be doing.
    Washing hands A LOT, cleaning everything, washing bed sheets(don't shake them out though because it could scatter the eggs), and medicine.

Apparently the itching and irritation can last for a week or so after they're gone so once you finish your cycle of meds, give it a week or two before assuming they're back.

Hopefully you guys get rid of them soon :(
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Our whole family took one pill (each) at the same meal and never had another problem. Talk to your doctor and see what's up
    Anonymous

• Could the source be coming from someone else from somewhere else where you keep being exposed to it.Like a play group or school ? I mean even if you clean your house to not having proper hygiene especially kids can be a problem where you may need to shower more than normal.I'm not saying your dirty but have had a kid with pinworms and this helped.Plus changing cloths,under garmets several times a day and washing them right away.Also pets can be making you have this issue,just some thoughts and i would talk to your doctor since you still should not be having them still with medications and so on.
    Anonymous

• I would suggest treating everyone in the house and any pets you may have if you have indoor cats also either cleaning the kitty litter box with bleach every day or using disposable ones till treatment is over, and maybe getting a new one once treatment is over. I don't really know anything about them.
    could it maybe be another kind of parasite you are dealing with?
    Snetmouse

Answer by Snetmouse at 11:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• try this link from the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/
    Snetmouse

Answer by Snetmouse at 12:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• A spoon full of sugar and a drop of turpintine (that is probably spelled wrong). I use to get them when I was lil and that always worked. good luck I know they suck.
    babysmama03

Answer by babysmama03 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• my daughter got them from her daycare sand.... We got the meds and only took them for the time needed and they were gone.. yet we had to do it 3 other times because of the same daycare...
    momofbadme

Answer by momofbadme at 11:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• We got them once when I used to babysit for some friends kids. All five of us took the meds twice I think two weeks apart and washed all the bedding and towels several times and I think I vacuumed our matresses just in case too.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 11:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2010