What gives?!

Okay, so I, like many other momma's out there have posted "HOW DO I GET MY DD TO PEEPEE/POOP IN THE POTTY!" I thank you ALLLLL for your advice..However, one answer was to take the "pressure" off. What exactly does that mean? If I don't remind her to go, or hell, even TELL her to go..she won't! I can't just leave it alone. Today was the FIRST time in a LONG time she pooped in the potty! I was so proud of her..but not even 10 minutes later she peed herself! OMG! I really want to find an open field and scream at the top of my lungs! She will be 4 in June! Holy crap! I know some kids take longer to 'train' but seriously, my patience is wearing VERY thin at the moment!

I took her to the doc today bc she was constipated. I was told to give her Myrilax..so we started that and 1hr later she had the bowl movement on the potty. I'm hoping I can get things 'loosened' up and she will continue to poop in the potty! But (cnt'd)

Kaydens_mommy06

Asked by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • But what if she won't?! I'm afraid if i take the 'pressure' off, she'll regress! I don't need/want that happening! Thanks for 'listening' to me vent. If you have any helpful advice...besides finding that field I mentioned..BRING IT ON MOMMA'S! I'm all eyes!!! :)
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Take about a week. Make sure there are no distractions, no place to go, nothing. Wake her up and tell her, Let's go potty. Have her sit on the potty and try to go. Tell her to try to go. She either does or doesn't go. Let her sit only about 5 or 10 minutes. Then, let her go play, in underwear. 30 minutes later, take her by the hand and say, Let's go try to potty. Have her sit again. 5-10 and then up. Repeat all day for the week. She should be close to trained after the week. If she does good with 30 minutes between, then increase to 40. If she does good with that, up it to 50. She should start going on her own once you have progressed this far. She will have her pottying on a schedule. LOL This should take care of day and night should naturally develope along with this, but, maybe a little after.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We've been doing what you recommended for almost a YEAR now! AHHH! One problem I have is that my SO and I don't live together so we go over to his parents house everyday. She does really good some days..no accidents. And others like today..PEE PEE ALLLLL DAY IN her pants..and yesterday! I was SO VERY proud of her for pooping in the potty that I let the peepee accident right before she pooped go away and focused on the good part! I'm really ready to pull out my hair!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Darn...sorry, I tried. LOL

Can you skip one week and just stay home and focus? It is worth a try...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I do appreciate your help. :) In case it sounded like I didn't.
    I could.stay home but she enjoys going as much as I do. She does really well all day with me...errr. well, some days. But like I said..others. WOW! It's an all day Peepee fest. LOL!

I know sometimes it takes other kids longer for it to "click" but .... I fee like I've been home with her since the beginning of Feb...She should be FULLY potty trained by now..especially since we've been doing this for this long!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• IM IN THE SAME BOAT!! my son will NOT tell me he has to go potty. if i make him go, he will whine and say he doesn't have to, then he'll pee on the potty. I DON'T GET IT! and i'm just as fed up as you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• "I do appreciate your help. :) In case it sounded like I didn't.
    I could.stay home but she enjoys going as much as I do. She does really well all day with me...errr. well, some days. But like I said..others. WOW! It's an all day Peepee fest. LOL!"

Perhaps she needs that motivation. My nephew potty trained when his grandmother told him could not attend the preschool he wanted to go to until he was trained.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• sticker chart.... and make sure it's somewhere she will see it often.... great visual reminder
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 1:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• This may bother some people but it worked. I moved the potty chair into the living room. I put a towel under it. He was quite willing to use the potty in the living room. When he was a little older and doing well I moved the potty chair in the bathroom. It was shortly after that that he was totally potty trained. I also kept a few like 5 or so M&m's in a wine glass. He could see but not reach them. When he sucessfully went on his own he got 1 m&m. He was willing to do just about anything for that M&M.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Sometimes a little encouragment helps something like tell her that if she goes in the potty she will get a sticker. of her favorite charater, or some m&ms and give her 3 or 4 M&Ms . Thats what I did and ir worked. Now on the other hand what worked witha friend of mine was that he got a quarter he went in the potty. But I still prefer the sticker of her favorite charater or the m&ms . as a reward.gl.:0
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2010