ex-husband mistreats our 3 yr old.. what to do?

my 7 yr old came home today from a visit with her dad & says he hit our 3 yr old for climbing on him..
our 3 yr old has a delay in understanding, & speech.. she has come home before with bruises from him hitting her.. I tried to talk to him & he just kept hanging up saying what he does at his house is his business.. & that our 7 yr old is going to get in trouble for telling me. I have told her if she ever wants to talk about anything to come to me.He only started seeing them in Jan, they hadn't seen him for seven months before Jan.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 9:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd ask for supervised visits for him for the child's safety. He sounds like a jerk.
    Anonymous

• call CPS and show them the bruises!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above post! I would talk to CPS....this is sooooo not far to your kids!
    Anonymous

• *fair
    Anonymous

• i would call the cops and get dhs involved
    Anonymous

• its been awhile since he left marks on her, but I did show the cops their response was he is allowed to punish his kids.. at the time she had a hand mark across her back & wasn't two yet.. ok I'm going to start taking pic ,but what else should I do?
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Call a lawyer.
    Anonymous

• CALL THE AUTHORITIES AND DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN ALONE WITH HIM. This should be a no brainer.

Anonymous

• Is visitation COURT ORDERED? If not don't let them see the bastard! Seriously, for the well being of your kids. If it is court ordered, get a lawyer ASAP! Yes, start taking pictures. With the time and date stamped on them. In most cases for things like this you can get an emergency hearing. Ask for nothing less than supervised visits and NO over night visits until he has at least taken anger management classes!!!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Agreed with every one else. Do not leave your children alone in his care.
    Call the police and report the abuse.
    Call your lawyer and get sole custody STAT!

Screw him and what he wants or feels entitled to.
    Your children are your number one priority.

Document, document, document.
    Everything. Pictures of bruises, phone calls you've made and times he's hung up on you or been unreasonable, every single time either of your children tells you they've been "punished".
    Get your 7 year old to do the same thing while they're at his place. Tell her to write down the date, the time and what happened and NOT to tell him or show him.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2010