Why do you think so many people adopt kids from other countries, instead of from the USA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mainly because, if you have the money, then you can avoid so much red tape in the US.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• That was weird i was just think the same thing..
    There are soooo many kids in america needing help and if you live here help them..
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Maybe because they're always showing on TV how horrible children in other countries have it, but never show our own country.. Why do you think that is??? I've never understood it.. I only wish it was easier to adopt. Its been a dream of mine since I was a child, maybe someday.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• its 2 fold--1 it is VERY VERY expensive due to all the red tape and 2 no matter what the situation if a biological Mother REALLY wants her baby back She'll get it--- Biological Parent always trumps adoptive- no matter how good your attorney is
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• good question
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Because the foster care system is set up for reunification here. It could take YEARS to adopt from foster care here and even if you do find a child you run the risk of the child being sent back to his birth family. In other countries it only 6 months to a year, usually. Most people that can afford it don't want to deal with the BS foster system.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Because it's easier.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• A lot of adoptive parents want a "baby". It's hard to get a baby here. They are in high demand. It's faster and easier to get a foreign baby to adopt.
    Anonymous

• As much as I wish everyone would get kids from our own foster system it does suck. When we brought home our first child we where told in 9 months the adoption would be final. But the case went all the way to the supreme court and it took 5 years to finalize. Then our second baby they told us would be an automatic termination of parental rights and would be final in 3 months. Instead we had him one year and had to give him back to his mother the day after christmas. The worst part was when our daughter asked us who her next mom and dad will be. She thought because he had to go she would too. It broke her heart and she lost her sense of stability.  So maybe if I had the financial means to do so I would chose to go overseas as well.  Who knows.  I can't fault people for not wanting the BS.

Anonymous

• easier...duh you did not know that. Makes no sense but it is what it is!
    Anonymous