can i get some support and/or encouragement?

i was diagnosed today with degenrative disc disease-at the age of 22. my L4 and L5 disc are in pretty bad shape-the L5 is the worst. i have been living in pain every day for the past 5, almost 6, months. we are trying to avoid back surgery so our next option is steriod and epidural shots into my between my discs. i go monday for the steriod shot on monday. i am terrified of needles. i feel like a complete baby but im scared. i have no family around for support except my husband. :( has anyone ever had this done before? im just afraid i guess. thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My soon to be MIL has had it done twice.. She said it hurt a little but helped A LOT more than it hurt. Good Luck with everything. Hope it goes well. Hers was also her L4 and L5..
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sorry I don't know how the shots feel. My doctor skipped all that and went straight to surgery. I had a minimally invasive fusion on L5-S1. This type can only be done on L4-L5 & L5-S1. It was a one day stay at the hospital and the recovery has been slow. It certainly wasn't easy. But I don't know what would be worse surgery, or all the shots. Whatever happens I hope you find some relief. Having DDD stinks and you are so young.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010