I feel so awful for feeling like this....

I just can't seem to get excited about having a boy...I am in complete denial that I'm having a boy. When ppl ask me what I'm having I just say we're keeping it a surpise. I see other ppl posting about how they found out they are having a girl and its in all caps in exclamation marks. And when I sent out the text message about its a boy i just put that. No exclamations or caps or anything. I actually cried. I feel so awful. I feel like I'm not going to love him as much as I do my DD. I feel so awful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why dont you want a boy? is there a reason? when i found out i was having a boy i was afraid that we would have nothing in common and not be able to bond-im a girl that does girly things and he is a boy. but i soon found out thats not the case. things will be ok. you just have to find things to be excited about it. if you need someone to talk to please feel free to message me.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You just need to be thankful you can have children. We we're wanting a boy, but are having another girl - ANY CHILD is a blessing.. some woman can't carry their own children.
    Anonymous

• SThompson21- I'm the same way...I'm a very girly girl. I don't think boys clothes are cute. I don't like dirt or trucks or sports lol...I just feel like I'm not gonna connect w/ him like I do my DD.

ANON- I AM thankful. Very thankful for a healthy baby. I'm just scared I guess.
    Anonymous

• maybe it is your pregnancy hormones leading you to be like this. You will love your child regardless of sex or anything.
    Stop obsessing, that is the 1st step. You are who controls your feelings and happiness.

I wanted a girl also but I had a boy. And now I am so thankful I didnt have a girl. I actually want another boy. I am a girly girl but it doesnt effect my son. Boy clothes canm be cute there really is just less options in the store for some reason. Girls have tons of clothing options and boys seem to have less. But in the end it is your child, God gave you a boy for a reason. He has a purpose and you will be thankful in the end. hang in there!! everything happens for a reason.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'm about to have my FOURTH girl.... I really wanted a boy too, cuz this is my last chance. And I cried at the ultrasound a little too, but because I felt guilty for being dissapointed.. You'll get used to the idea and realize that you're blessed, it just may take a little while.. I didn't start being happy about another girl until we started shopping for her clothes. When that baby is born you'll be just as happy no matter what it is.. as long as you get a healthy baby... you'll see..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I wanted a girl the first time around. My son is almost 3 now, and I love him as much as any mother possibly could. Being so young; you can introduce him to stuff you like, and then let him form his own interests, and you'll be surprised how much enjoyment you get out of it, too. My son now absolutely adores Cars (I like the movie, but nearly as much as him), loves watching football with his daddy or watching his daddy play a football video game (I hate sports), and will be taking dance classes in the fall (which I am thrilled about). It doesn't have to be all bad. No, I don't get nearly as excited looking at clothes for him as I do for my baby girl, or relish the idea of going to ball games, but there are other things...like the way his face lights up when he sees something he likes. It's amazing to watch him become his own person and know I have something to do with it, even if he is a boy. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010