finding the right dr

I had a c-section wit my first child and i really want to do a natural birth this time with my second, how can i find a Dr. (in Florida) and I'm on Medicaid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there are lots of drs. willing to allow natural birth after c section now days, provided it's been long enough sense your last delivery for you to heal completely, and the problems that caused you to have a c section the first time dont exist now.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• -- I'm probably one of the biggest promoters of natural childbirth-- but I am way anti VBAC--- You are at very high risk for uterine rupture at your old incision line PERIOD..and then your new baby suffocates to me not worth the risk and that is IMO

With that said there is a Natural Childbirth group on here...its in my groups list the other group members have lots of information on it and there are a lot of success stories too so try them out--

my other suggestion is to use a midwife IN HOSPITAL for delivery and pre natal care you'll have a better outcome-- in Florida there's a lot
    My good friend lives in Coral Springs and just had a successful VBAC
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Call around. Get a list of doctors in your area who accept Medicaid, and make a list of questions that are important to you, starting with whether they're accepting new Medicaid patients and what their policy is on VBACs. When you find one who answers all of your questions to your satisfaction, make an appointment. But keep in mind that you don't have to continue going to that doctor just because you went there first; if you choose one and then decide you don't like that one, you can keep calling around and find another one.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Labor of Love Birth Center does VBAC's depending on your particular details. They have centers in Lakeland, Lutz (Tampa), and Dunedin and are covered by Medicaid! I adored my care there (I went to the one in Lutz) and my birth! It was amazing. PM me if you want any details. They are midwives with large staffs and great back-up Obstetricians who are on-call for you day and night and do all of your prenatal and postnatal work and help you labor naturally and comfortably. I have rave reviews!
    http://laborluv.com/
    http://auraroselove.webs.com/news.htm
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lutz-FL/Labor-of-Love-Birth-Center/211567455455?ref=ts
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I suggest you ask this question in one of natural birth groups. You will get accurate information, not fear-based answers. You are not at much higher risk for rupture. It is statistically the same for a woman who has had no prior c-section and a VBAC: less then 1%, provided no induction medications are used. Start with Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth.

squish

Answer by squish at 3:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2010