can you be in love with more than one person

I love my dh, with everything i have to give. My first real boyfriend and I are and have been best friends since we broke up. Well obviously not right away but after a while we realized we could be friends and should be. But I always feel like there could have been something there with us. He's always said he does love me and he says he knows he made a mistake but hes happy that at least he has me as a friend. We have never done anything and i would never do anything to hurt my husband. Is it wrong for me to feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Been there done that. After being broke up with my ex for two years, he finally told me he loves me and couldn't stand like without me (we lost contact) and I started talking to him.. as friends.. I knew I always would love him because he was my first love.. But I was engaged to someone who I loved deeply.
    It was so rough and so hard to turn down my ex. I've come to realize - if it was ment to be - we would have still been together..
    After marrying my husband, my feelings for my ex soon faded into a happy memory. I'll always love my ex, but i'm IN LOVE with my husband. Loving someone and being IN LOVE are two different things.

Good luck on finding your heart. Remember - if it's ment to be, it'll be.

Anonymous

• thank you so much for being honest.
    my heart is aching over this. i love them both so much...but i would never want to hurt my husband. he is my world...
    Anonymous

• You made a commitment to your DH. I am committed to my DH but I know I will always love my ex. ALWAYS. WE talk a few times a year. My DH know I still care for him. But you have to remember why you broke up. Then let it be.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• thank you for your answer...
    Anonymous

• I think you can love many different people at once. Being in love is more of a commitment than a feeling. I am in love with my DH and truly committed to our relationship, but still have a special place in my heart for my first love, whom i am still in contact with. As the poster above said, if it's meant to be, it'll be.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I agree you can love more than one person at once. We love people for many different reasons so it's possible. If you can fall in love with more than one person in your lifetime, why not with more than one at the same time? They could come into your life at the same time.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you CAN love more than one person. I'm in a similar boat, except I'm not married--have been with the current guy for over 5 years, though--and the ex that I dated right before this one keeps telling me that he made a terrible mistake and telling me that he wishes that he had the chance to do things over again and not have done all the things he did before. He's making me rather angry, because I love the man I'm with now more than anything, and the ex just doesn't seem to care. He's trying to make me think that things would be different, but I must say that I highly doubt it and think that I'm much better off now than I was with the other one. I do, however, still have feelings for the other one, which makes me think perhaps he can sense it or something, and if he can, then maybe the current one can, too, and that's just now something I want to deal with. This makes me rarely talk to the ex anymore.
    Anonymous