Sleep (long but I really need help)

Ok- 5 years ago I was raped. I was given a drug at a party. I totally did not deal with it, I just ignored it and pretended my life never changed. The only thing was that I stopped going to school. Last year I began college again, and I started having panic attacks, and it landed me in the hospital for having suicidal thoughts. While I was there, I was put on meds, did therapy, and felt I was really getting better. Then I found out I was pregnant. I stopped my meds, and felt pretty great all through my pregnancy.
For the past 2 months, I have not been able to sleep. Wheneve I fall asleep I have horrific dreams about being raped. I don't full know everything that happened, so my imagination gets the best of me. I have been taking tylenol pm pretty much every night to be able to sleep. I have to, or else I can't function the next day. I am worried bc I am taking a lot more than I should be, but without I cannot sleep.Whatdoido

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Health

• My baby is 9 months...wanted to clarify I am not pregnant!!!
    Anonymous

• get professional help. you need it and thats nothing to be ashamed of
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• where do I start looking for help?
    Anonymous

• You can try googling 'sexual assault support groups' or counseling in your area.
    Anonymous

• You need counseling....these things have to be completely processed or you will continue to have issues. Try to take the time to focus on this issue in a counseling setting so you can move on with your life.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You need to go back to counseling. If you've already had your childs, then get put back on the medication.
    Allow yourself some relief and get the help that guided you back to a healthy mind before.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2010