think i should seek a lawyer?

ok this will be long and probably have to go in to the replies lol...anyhow. So last week, thursday, my 2nd grade daughter came home about in tears a boy in 1st grade that rides her bus was telling everyone on the bus that she was making out with her brother (also a 2nd grader) i called the school, made arraignments for my daughter to meet with the princable and see if she (my daughter) could work through it with a little bit of guided help from the princable, (i encourage my kids to solve their own problems, while still encouraging them to seek assisance if that makes sense) and how the princable says have her come to my office in the am. so friday my daughter wasnt at school (we played hookie went to the fair lol) Anyhow, monday morning i remind my dd to go to the have her meeting, she goes princable tells her "go to class" and wont even talk to her. Monday afternoon while in line waiting for the bus this little boy (cont)

mommie2twogirls

Asked by mommie2twogirls at 10:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Go to the STATE Education Board. If you do not get anywhere with the local school district board.
    The school bus driver and the principle both need to be fired for their dismissing these actions. Where was the teacher/bus driver when your child was spanked with the belt? Someone needs to step in the middle of this school district and put some order to it. It doesn't sound like you're in a very well orginized area. If you do not get anywhere with the district, then again go to the state education board. You might even have to pull your children out of the district and move them to another if it takes too long to get it resolved. Your daughter should not be harrassed in any manner and every harrassment whether physical or verbal should be reported by the bus driver/teacher/principle.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Why don't YOU go talk to the principal and handle this situation?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• this little boy's belt had broken, so he had it in his hand, he decided it would be ok to smack my dd in the butt with the belt, i am talking she had a red mark across her behind when she got home over an hour later! Of course i am lit like the fourth of july over this one, i call the school leave a voicemail for the princable letting her know i WILL be in in the morning and i EXPECT something done about this. I am talking my daughter is bawling her eyes out telling me what happen, ill be the first to admit my dd can be a drama queen, but i was floored when she said to me "mommy you said thats a private part and no one is suppose to touch me there!" through talking this out with my dd she tells me that verbal harrassing has been going on for a week and now not only is he verbally harrassing her but both of his brothers are too one as i said also in 2nd grade the other in 5th!!!!! we go to the princable in the morning (contin)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 10:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• she talks to me and then she talks to my dd with me there my dd tells her everything, i explain to the princable that the verbal has been happening on the bus, where her assigned seat is right next to this boys. my dd goes to class princable and i continue the meeting, i explain to her in no way shape or forum do i expect my dd to put up with sexual harrassment nor should it even be a concern with my 2nd grader ya know? she says "oh this isnt sexual harrassment" seriously then what is??? so she says at most its pyschial assualt, mind you i am a criminal justice major and i know where most of this behavior starts and what happens when it is not handled properly, so i point out either way this is a criminal offense, clearly i have NO intention of calling the police on a 6 yr old! But i am just trying to point out the seriousiness of what is going on, she says she will handle it i thank her and go about my day, i go to get her
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 10:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• off the bus, once she is off the bus (mind you she is in tears) i tell the drive her seat needs to be moved the driver says whys that, i explain there was an incident at school yesterday, and verbal harrassment has been happening and such and she looks at me and says well its probably your daughter that is the problem, she is nothing but trouble (yes word for word thats what she said to me) this goes against EVERYTHING every other adult has ever told me about my dd i call the princable and explain if my dd is having behavior problems on the bus that she is "nothing but trouble" why is this the first i am hearing about it? and why is this HOW i am hearing about it and tell her i am very upset that IF there are problems with dd on bus this is how i am told, she says she will handle it (i assume that means getting her seat moved as well) so wed. i get her off the bus in the afternoon again she is in tears cuz these 3 boys (cont)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 10:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• wont leave her alone, so this morning for starters i sent her to school with a cell phone and instructed her to call me if he is still sat by her, and she could talk to me all the way to school, and when the bus came the kids got on and i tried talking to the driver AGAIN! I said word for word "SHE IS NOT TO SIT NEAR SO AND SO, I HAVE TALKED TO THE PRINCABLE ABOUT THIS MATTER AND..." she cuts me off and says she has talked to the princable as well and the princable told her to shut the door in my face and she proceeded to shut the door in my face would have been ON me if i hadnt leaned back as i almost fell in the road before i even have time to move away from the bus she takes off almost running me over! oh sry to back up the reason she was crying when she got off the bus on tuesday was because the princable called her and the 1st grader in to her office and told them they have to be friends and she told me mommy i dont want
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 10:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• be friends with him he hurt me, i just want him to leave me alone. she also through out the week has asked me repeatedly why he was ALLOWED to touch her butt and not get in any trouble and instead she has to be friends with him. anyhow back to this morning right after the bus almost runs me over, my dd calls me crying asking if i am ok because she thought the bus ran me over! i called the school got voicemail, left the princable a message asking her to return my call she never did! I went to my youngest daughters school made arraignments for my son and daughter to go to my youngest daughters school starting april 5th (first day back from spring break they are off for the next 10days) i looked up the school board policy and found it is MANDATORY for a 1-5 day suspension for what he did weather you want to call it sexual harrassment or assualt. I went to my dds school and pulled her and my son out at about 1030 this morning
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• told you this was LONG!! lol any how before i pulled them out i asked to speak with the princable and she refused to meet with me! i went to the school board and filed a formal complaint (which i honestly felt was brushed off) i am seriously thinking about looking for a lawyer tomorrow.... what would you do... again sorry this is so long thank you for baring with me i know my writing can be hard to read lol i am adhd and dyslexic lol
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Well....I don't even know what to say....sounds complicated. I think if your daughter and this other child are having problems on the bus, they should not sit near each other. You probably should have met with the principal on the day it was originally scheduled instead of choosing that day to let your daughter skip school. I would say with kids this age it is probably not a good idea to call it sexual harassment. My suggestion is that when you are going to deal with the shool on an issue, try to see them as your allies rather than telling them how it is going to be before you even hear what they are able to do about the situation.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• BJoan~ the only reason i allowed her to skip school that day was it was already planned i had forgotten when i set the meeting for her, her aunt who lives out of state was here and she only get to see her about once a year if that and her aunt was leaving the following day and it was the first day of the fair, we went with her aunt, and the orginal meetng was proir to her telling even me how bad it was, she hadnt told me that it was the THREE brothers, she had just mentioned the one boy, at which point i told her the problem was he likes her and was just mad that she didnt like him in the same way and advised her to meet with the princable, and ignore the things he said. Her ignoring him at my advice was what led to him smacking her butt with the belt, and i would also like to make sure everyone knows i have NOT refered to it as sexual harrassment in front of my dd she is 7 and doesnt need to know that phrase! I did use it
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010