playroom or baby room? piog

ok, i am a sahm of a 4 yr old dd and a 2 yr old dd. i am currently pregnant with my third child (sex unknown)due august 3rd. we live in an appartment with three bedrooms. the girls share a bedroom at this point and sometimes sleep in the same bed. the spare bed room is being used as a play room for all of their toys (which is a lot). dh and i have bought a bassinet so we can keep baby in the room with us for the first little bit. but i have no idea how long the baby will fit in it. i've never used one before... now i am trying to convience my dh that we need to get the playroom/bedroom situation sorted. are we going to move the girls' beds into the playroom? should we move their toys to their current bedroom? should we wait until closer to the due date to think about it? should we just wait to make the playroom a bedroom for baby until the time he needs to be in the crib? what do u think?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 10:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would do it sooner rather than later, so they don't feel the baby has displaced them! Maybe redecorate their room, and find a way to organize the toys and a play area in there....the baby will need a room pretty soon and you might as well get comfortable with the new arrangement.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Give it time. Wait till you have the baby to figure it out. You'll better be able to form an opinon then.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I would plan on all kids sleeping in one room and having the largest room dedicated to the playroom. My kids sleep in there room and that is about it, they spend a good portion of their time in the play room..so it seems logical to me to make sure they have an area for that. AT this point in time, play is more important to a child then privacy.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• also plan on a bassinet for about 3-4 mo, and then we alwaysed moved them to a pack n play verses a crib, my sons foot got stuck in a crib. I love the pack n plays sooo much more. my last three kids slept in one till they could crawl out then moved to a bigger bed.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• See .. If you have another girl all three of them could share a room. However, the youngest wouldn't be able to share a room with them until baby is sleeping through the night. That is so baby doesn't wake the older girls. I would keep the playroom to keep from extra space getting too cluttered. Wait until you know the gender of the baby and then see if it's possible to merge the three together at some point.

A bassinet has a weight limit. Check the tags and see what that weight limit is. It also depends on the size of the baby and how fast baby grows. You can also use a playpen if the baby gets too big for the bassinet too quickly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2010