Does our Hubby help you to look after the kids?

My Husband just came from work & I ask him, If he can look after the girl wile i go shopping "for things that i need". He said No my job is to bring the $ home & ur job is to make the home. WTF. Is he right?

I can't bulive he said that asmuch as he loves them. The reason y i don't want to take them its b/c its cold out side & my 2month old is sleeping. I work Part time but, I don't pay any Bills..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I couldn't be married to a man like that. I'm very sorry for you.
    Anonymous

• No. He works and brings home money, you work around the house and keep it clean. You are BOTH parents. He has just as much responsibility to care for the kids as you do.
    Anonymous

• My husband helps out when he is home. But, he's rarely home except on Sundays. Your husband is not right about you having to do everything in my opinion.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• And yes, mine does help care for our child.
    Anonymous

• Yes my hubby helps with everything. He somes home and then it's my time for a break.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• o/p
    I am so up set because hes not going to do nothing but see the c/b game.
    Anonymous

• Kids need more than a paycheck for a dad. I would get his brain checked. Obviously he's retarded. Sorry girl.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• When he has a chance...he's goes to school full-time and works full-time.

He watched them for the better part of 2 1/2 hours today while I was at the doctor.

As for your husband. My husband and I believe in traditional roles for our family. I am a SAHM/W and he is the provider but my husband would NEVER talk to me like that.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My husband told me the same thing. I said "So .. Your only responsibility in this home is to go to work?" He said "Yes." Then made some smart ass comment about putting a roof over our heads, food on the table, etc. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I have the oppertunity to be a SAHM and he provides for his family. He's a hard worker. I just don't buy into the BS that I am the soul caregiver and housekeeper. It has even went as far as me being mommy at friend's/family's houses and him mingling and having fun. I love my children, but I am me as well as a mother, so I'd like to mingle and have fun too.

The way I see it is the ENTIRE household has a part in responsibility. When the kids get older they'll have their chores to do. Between the parents it is 50/50, and if the husband can't take his share .. Then he doesn't need to be around. Period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Re: No. He works and brings home money, you work around the house and keep it clean. You are BOTH parents. He has just as much responsibility to care for the kids as you do.

***THAT is exactly what I've been trying to put into words but never could. THANK YOU.***
    melfre

Answer by melfre at 11:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2010