should i let my 16 year old daughter have sex with her boyfriend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Shes going to if she really wants to, whether you let her or not. So if you want to be proactive about it, have a serious conversation with her regarding the consequences and get her on birth control.
    Anonymous

• sounds like you two need to talk- and get some birth control for her! I wouldn't call it "letting" her- but it's better if she feels she can talk to you and trying to be safe about it than having her do it anyway and end up pregnant!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Wow, never heard this question. I would have to say NO, not only no, but HELL no.
    I don't think 16 year olds are ready for babies, therefore they are not ready for sex.
    They are not ready for STD's, they are not ready for sex.
    They are not ready to be called a slut, and judged as easy by all the boys, not ready for sex.
    Tell your daughter to save herself for marriage, otherwise she'll have more than one person in her marraige bed with her and her husband. Of course she could always do it without your permission, but that's different than having your blessing.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• So if a girl is 16 and lets just say her boyfriend is 18 and they have consensual sex, he can be convicted of rape and labeled a child predator. So if an adult (say a mother) allows two teens to have sex is she an accomplice to a rape?  Just wondering.  Because if a mother shows her 16 year old daughter porn she will go to jail, so, why should allowing sex be legal?

Anonymous

• I've never heard of a mother ALLOWING her teenage daughter to have sex, nor have I ever heard of a teenager asking for permission to have sex? Weird. Anyways...she's going to do it whether you want her to or not, in all honestly. So if I was you, I would tell her that NO she is not allowed to have sex, and do everything you can to try and prevent it from happening...i.e. not allowing her and her boyfriend to be alone, unsupervised, or in rooms with the door closed, things of that nature...but if a teen wants to have sex, they will find a way. And it only takes a few minutes. So just make sure she is informed about the the consequences of sex, and the importance of birth control.
    Anonymous

• What do you mean?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• No! What the hell! Why would you LET her do that! 16 year olds are not emotionally mature enough to handle sex. I suggest you sit down and talk with her not only about what sex is but the feeling behind sex. Does she think that her and this boyfriend are going to be together forever? What are they going to do if she gets pregnant? What are they going to do when they break up? Are they going to tell their friends about it? Things that she probably hasn't even thought of could label her the school slut in an instant. I suggest that you tell her that she's will be allowed to make adult decisions if she conducts her behavior in a mature fashion. All three of you can have a long talk about what is going on. If she's mature enough to do that and have this conversation (which i'm betting she isn't and will decide against sex) she can do what she will.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• oh for godness sake! really? if you have to ask that question, i have to ask this one: are you a troll?
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• This question has been asked many times before..is this the same poster...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• No. Don't let her think it's ok with you that she become sexually active. Teach her to respect herself and to respect her body.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010