Is anyone else in a job that they are overqualified for but has good family benefits? Does your husband complain about it?

I am overqualified for my job (and underpaid), but I love my job and I love how I can work the hours that I need too. If my son has a doctor's appointment or something going on at school, then I can take off. I don't have to dread calling into work and wondering if I am going to get fired because my son is sick that day. I truly love my job, however, my husband complains that I am an underacheiver. Financially, we are doing okay, we could be better, but I think we both need to manage our money at little better. Once we do that, then we will be great. I am just sick and tired of his nagging though. Our son has some medical problems so I think my job is perfect for our lives right now. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am sick and tired of being called an underacheiver when I am putting my family first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell him to stop it.
    Anonymous

• UGH MENNN! LOL I would just try to talk to him. Sounds like if you have good benefits that may be the job you need right now. Its awesome that its flexible and any working mom can appreciate that but men on the other hand just don't "get" it all the time!
    Anonymous

• Yes my dh has a job he is way over qualified for. The pay is good and the benefits are great. He is a chiropractor and with the economy as it is the patients dont use the services as they used to. So he took other job just make sure the family is OK. So yes and yes. Family comes first.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Well yes you could get another job versus this one however would they give you the flexability to take off when your son is sick since it sounds like your husband does not do that with his job so your helping your family with the best balance you can,he should be thankful.So than calling you an underachiever he should be thanking you that you have a job that is so good to you since most are not that way and you still can help with the family you both created.Maybe it is him that should rethink how he is to the family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2010