Have any of you moms done law school?

So... I am going to be applying for law schools starting this September. I am married and we have a 1 year old. This is going to effect our whole family (I know). I am not looking for people to tell me I shouldn't do it, because I've always wanted to.

I am more hoping to ask a few questions to those of you who have been out there already:

Do you know of any good law school scholarships/grants?
What was your GPA? Your LSAT?
Did you have to write a diversity statement?
What school did you go to? Was it full time/part time?
Did you school offer family housing?
How did you manage the finances?
What was the biggest challenge?
Would you change anything?

Thanks so much! I know it seems like a TON of questions but I feel in the dark all by myself. Thanks again. :)

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 11:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• law school...more power to you! YOU GO! I am just in xray school with 3 kids and yeah thats enough for me!
    Anonymous

• 1)is dependent upon the school you choose. I was able to get a grant and scholarship for my first year and two scholarships my second.
    2)My GPA was a 4.0 and my LSAT was 170
    3)No, a personal statement/essay.
    4)I went full time for the first year and part time for the second.
    5)Um, no. I don't think any law schools offer family housing. At least I'm not aware of any that do.
    6)I'm broke and in debt up to my eye balls. Student loans and credit cards.
    7)Hmm..feeling like I'm missing my kids grow up because I'm too busy reading or researching
    8)I don't know yet, ask me when I'm done a year from now.
    cont
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My advice is to work in a law firm first. Law school is expensive and it's a waste of your life and money if you don't live and breathe and have a true passion for law. Interview many lawyers in different areas of law to see what their job is like and what they like about it and what they don't. If you haven't already, get your paralegal certification. Knowing legal terminology, proper research procedures, law history, indexing, case citing and all that jazz is extremely beneficial. Good luck.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2010