Is this true, children with pre-existng conditions nor adults will be covered until 2014?

How can they do this to us?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Gap-in-health-care-laws-apf-4272209396.html?x=0&.v=1

It's true, according to this link that I just found...

agentwanda

Asked by agentwanda at 11:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Um, actually nothing from this bill will be enforced until 2014.

Thank God, I thought those taxes were starting right away.....

OP, it is amazing how they "forgot" to include those selling points isn't it?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yeah, they "forgot" to put it in so they're trying to get Sebilius to figure out a loophole. I'm sure it's just an honest mistake, not even bothering to read the cornerstone point of your salespitch to convince people to let you spend $1 trillion, I mean. Why would you proof read it before voting yes?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Oh and don't worry because the world will end in 2012 anyway!!!

LOL!!!
    Anonymous

Oh look, another person who doesn't know what's in the bill. Were you one of the 219 yes votes?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• anon 11:50 is xanax your koolaid, some of us live in the real world, especially the one's who have to pay for all the free rides, just sayin...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Don't you find it so very comforting that our Gov't voted in this bill and THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT SAYS?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yes, YSK, it sure is! Nothing but lies, lies and more lies but that seems to be just fine with his supporters...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Some things are going to start sooner than 2014 but the bulk of it will not. I haven't gone through the entire thing yet but I do know that children with Pre-existing conditions will be able to be covered pretty much immediately. Oh and you better believe the taxes (Most likely the FICA taxes) are going to go up immediately so they can start paying for this massive bill. And employers (specifically the ones in the health insurance industry) are going to start laying off to prepare for having to find a way to cut costs because of this bill. We're having meetings next week about this at work...the big wigs in my company made a shotgun visit to VA all the way from CA today and had closed door meetings all day long for 3 days this week and the employees will be having their meetings next week. We're about to get the boot.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I do know that children with Pre-existing conditions will be able to be covered pretty much immediately.

They're supposed to be, but that's the part they screwed up. Read the article linked in the first answer - they forgot to put that clause in the bill - kids cannot be dropped from current plans, but kids with pre-existing conditions and no insurance still cannot get it until 2014 because someone forgot to add the clause to the final bill that was passed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2010