Would you quite your job and take online classes if DH asked you to?

I currently work 2 days a week & I do to school 2 days a week. Well a couple of days ago my husband asked if I was planning to go back to work next school year (I work for a school). I said "Ya why?" He said "Well I thought the job stressed you out & it made it hard on you with class and everything."

Well that is true. I have said that & it doesn't get stressful at times but I do like contributing to our household income and getting out of the house a couple days a week. I told him that & he said that of course I could do whatever I wanted but he really seemed like he wanted me to quit. He's wasn't mad but definately sincere about it.

Then I was trying to figure out my schedule for summer semester for school & he said that I should either not go this semester or take all online classes. I said why & he said because it would be easier since we wouldn't have to find a baby sitter plus...continued below....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• we've been talking about having another baby.

I mean he's right about everything but I just don't know that I want to do that.

Would you quite if he asked you to?

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I would not quit a job because my husband asked me. However I would quit a job if it was best for our family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• See he has his reason for you two not work and do on line classes. Daycare coast,  I do not know if that is hurting you financially or not.  Or if he is just being selfish. Why is he talking about having another kid right now if you are trying to finish school?

Answer by louise2 at 5:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• No. I am taking an online course right now. When I am done, I plan on finding a PT job in this specialty and I plan staying at the job I've been at for almost 10 years. My dh asked me if I would quit and I said hell no, I like this job.
    If it's best for your family, then you should give it some thought.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 9:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2010