How do I child proof the bath tub faucet handles??

We have leaver handles that are on the outer corner of the tub. Right in front of my 1 year old's face. So every time he walks in the bathroom he goes straight for them and turns on the water. I have looked everywhere for a device that child proofs it, but I can not find anything. Does anybody know what I can do or if there is a product out there? What is really bad is that the closest one is the hot water handle. Please help!!

crystal1480

Asked by crystal1480 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say try the lever door handle child proofing things on it.

you can use the door knob covers on the water knobs, so I don't see why the lever kind wouldn't work.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• something like this

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• http://www.kidsafeinc.com/c=DMV27CBnfCA40KQzfI6bpSrOE/category/bathroom_safety/

There are some things here that might help...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Teach her not to.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Teach a 1 yr old not to do something that her Mommy does every time she givers her a bath,lol
    Get something to keep her safe Momma, a friend of mines baby did that very same thing, except he was in the tub and burned himself really bad. He was at Grandmas house and she was so upset about it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• also, if you're worried about him burning himself, turn down the temp on the water heater. Set it to 120. Hot enough for cleaning and stuff, but not hot enough to burn
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Thanks everyone. We have our water temp set to the lowest, but it still gets hot. He is only in the bathroom when I'm trying do my hair or go potty. So not very much. He knows not to mess with them or stand while he is in the tub so that is good. But they are just so fascinating to him outside the tub. I'm going to try the door knob handle locks. Thanks!
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2010