My baby is 7 days from being 6 months and she is holding onto the couch and walking along it. is that normal?

She has moved from crawling on all 4's to sitting up by herself and pulling up to a stand all in two weeks time. Now todays she starts moving along the couch to get a toy. Is this normal for this age? I thought she wouldn't be doing this at least untill 7 or 8 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep,lol Get ready Momma, she's going to be walking soon!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It's normal for her :) Every baby is different, sounds like you have a little girl who is ready to get out and explore her world. Some kids progress faster if they spend time with older kids because they want to get moving and keep up, some are just naturally quicker to figure things out and some wait it out and slowly try things. Either way she is doing great mom!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Every baby is different!!! Some walk faster and it sounds like yours will be! :) Congrats mama!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yeah, both my girls were cruising by then and walked independently shortly after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Whoa! Haha that seems really early to me! My 7 1/2 month old isn't even crawling yet.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Sure, it's normal! :)
    EliesHappyHats

Answer by EliesHappyHats at 1:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• like everyone else says its normal. actually i think its a bit advance for her age. My daughter is 7 months and does not want to crawl. she does sit up when laying down but she doesnt hold on from things to walk.
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• wow, thats early...my son started at 8 months and i thought that was early..then he was walking at 10 months and i still thought that was early. That would be crazy to see a little 8 month old walking
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Wow. that is early! LoL good luck mama! This one might be a crazy one!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 11:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My daughter started walking with little help at 9 months, on her first birthday i was getting ready for her party she was on the floor and got up and took off walking. Little girls seem to devlop early she was completly potty trained by 2 off the bottle by one and could talk to you like we do at 2. People would freak when they would hear her talk so well at such a young age she is now 12. I also have a 3 1/2 year old boy he started walking at 11 months but he still wants a bottle when he goes to bed , he is not completly potty trained and he talks but at as good as my daughter did. So i would say yes this is normal. GOOD LUCK!!!
    twilight_mom2

Answer by twilight_mom2 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2010