pcos question

if i lose weight will the symptoms go away , like losing my hair, acne, menstrual cycles start again, etc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have pcos and went in for fertility help for our 2nd child and my obgyn did suggest that even loosing 5 or 10 lbs would help me out but I never lost the weight and got pregnant our third round on clomid. Were all different though but I have heard of it helping women concieve I just didnt have to go that rout I guess and its a good thing cause I love to eat lol
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I have PCOS--I have lost just about 20 pounds now and my period has started coming about every 30-31 days. My hair is not falling out as much. My acne is the same....have your tried Apple Cider Vinegar on your face and any other part of your body you have acne? I am getting ready to try it.

I am doing weight watchers and at least 1 hour of exercise (walking, swimming, or going to the Gym). So as PP said everyone is different it is always good to try. also a site you would love is soulcysters.com click on message boards and sign up great pp over there!
    Anonymous

• Losing weight can really help w/ regulating your period and ovulation. But it doesn't mean it will be a cure-all. There are many women who have PCOS and aren't the least bit overweight.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010