What do you serve hotdogs with to your toddler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ketchup & a bun
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Green beans, corn, and fruit usually. She only gets all beef no filler hotdogs though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Applesauce, broccoli and sometimes potatoes or chips. Baked.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• by toddler didnt actually get to eat hotdogs because its the exact size of his throat,so i never fed him that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i gave my son a hot dog yesterday for dinner, and he had it with ketchup for the first time, and loved it! then threw it all up in the car about an hour later.. not too pleasant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I have been giving him string cheese with it but I dont want him getting tired of it so Im trying to find somthing different. I think the baked chips or any chips would be great with it. Oh and for the last poster I think its ok or actually I know its ok for an average size healthy toddler to eat hot dogs as long as you cut them up properly. My son is 3 and I still cut them up and hes never choked as of yet. They have plenty of teeth although you have to watch some kids cause they will try and stuff the whole thing in there mouth lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Ketchup, mustard, guacamole, and a side of fruits or veggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You can feed a toddler a hot dog if you cut it in half length wise :) I would serve it with some chips. Yes, I said chips. If you're not a parent who gives junk food every day, I don't see a problem with it :) Maybe some slkiced fruit on the side as well.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 7:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My kids have all eaten hot dogs since they started chewing food. It is all in teh way you cut it when they are small. they started eating them whole at around 2.....I usually have mac-n-cheese and some kind of veggie if we ahve hot dogs for dinner. If they are having them for lunch, they get yogurt, chips or crackers, fruit, cheese sticks......really anything!
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 8:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Anything! Other than ketchup, I'm a big fan of the individual size vegetables and fruit (the kind that come wrapped individually in little cups). This gives him a variety of things from vegetables (peas, green beans, corn, carrots, etc.) to fruits. He's also a big fan of cottage cheese or regular cheese (cheese cubes). Sometimes if we have leftover rice, I'll give that to him.

Basically just make sure it's a balanced meal. If you have the hot dog (or any meat), make sure you have a fruit and/or vegetable and maybe something else (dairy, for example).
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2010