When did your baby start to sleep through the night and how did u keep it a routine?

I have a two month old who wakes up every three hours and I was just wondering how old everyone else's babys were when they slept through the night so I can dream of that day lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started sleeping through the night fairly regularly at three months. There were still nights here and there where he would wake up one or two times, especially when he started teething, but for the most part I could get at least a good five hours straight of sleep in. I was really particular about keeping him on a schedule to. I would do a night time routine starting about an hour before bed that consisted of warm bath and then feeding him right before I would lay him down for the night. I also tried to feed him more ounces during his bedtime feeding just to keep him full a little longer. Also I tried to keep him on a schedule of napping and feeding times during the day so he wouldn't be wired at night and sleepy all day. I kind of looked at his own natural patterns to determine what would be the best schedule for him. Keep your head up sleep will come back to you soon. In a few months you'll look back and be amazed at
    Natashadee

Answer by Natashadee at 2:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• how quickly time has flown by. It gets better.
    Natashadee

Answer by Natashadee at 2:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My first was 2 (years)... didn't do the full 12 hours alone until he was 4, though. Every 3 hours hours is fantastic for 2 months!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I did exactly what NatashaDee did. I nursed the first month. It was hectic and I had no real support, so, I quit(still regret it). The next month was bottle feeding, but, not really knowing his natural pattern. I started trying to fidure out about how much he ate that would satisfy him, but, not stuff him. I figured out about how long he went between bottles. Then, a pattern emerged. I knew about when he would want a bottle and I was prepared, I had it ready and he didn't really have to cry for it. I knew that once he had it, there would be about a 4 hour space before he would want another one. So, If he cried at 2 hours, I knew he needed something else. I would try to keep him occupied during the day. he had naps, but, if he slept for five hours, I would wake him and feed him. At night, I didn't wake him, I waited for him to cry and I would keep it quiet and dark and not talk. That way, he understood..dark=sleep light=play.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• By, 3 months, my son pretty much slept all night.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• my son stopped waking every few hours around 17 months old. he started sleeping through the night consistently around 21 months old.

some little ones will start sleeping through the night at just a few months old but many others take much much much longer.

a good book to read is "the no cry sleep solution." good luck! there are some good tips in there
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I am 47 years old and I still don't sleep through the night. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My twins slept through the night at 3 months but they go through periods where they wake up sometimes and then will go back to sleeping all night they are 8 months now and I only get them if they are really crying at night. Otherwise I let them put themselves back to sleep. Good luck. It gets easier and you will miss these days before you know it as they grown up fast.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2010