Please help, or pray!

My brother is in the hospital, I haven't heard anything for sure yet other then a quick call from my mom saying they think his liver ruptured. I have no clue what this means!!!!!!! Has anyone ever heard of this? Please keep him in your prayers....I will keep you all posted if I hear anything.

mom0609

Asked by mom0609 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Health

• I've never heard of it, but I will keep him in my prayers. God Bless.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I will def keep him in my preyers and Im so sorry. There are many sweet women on here that put a prayer in for my 19 yr old brother not too long ago when he was careflighted cause of a motorcycle accident. But the hospital did tell us something, they said it wasnt looking good but continued to operate on him for 4 hrs. Seeing him in the icu was very hard and theres nothing that can prepare you for something like that but hopefully your brother wasnt as bad off as mine or atleast we prey he isnt. Hang in there, my brother made it out of the hospital 4 months later and that was all thanks to god and to everyone who preyed for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• thank you I wish I knew something...I've tried looking it up and can't find anything either. Ugh, I hate waiting I wish I could go there.
    mom0609

Answer by mom0609 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• im sorry i will keep him in my prayers
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• prayers for you and your family!!
    mouse1085

Answer by mouse1085 at 6:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• From what I can figure out online, liver rupture normally caused by impact trauma or a complication of disease (like HELLP or a perforated gastric ulcer); and the danger is internal bleeding and liver tissue dying (necrosis) from the lack of oxygenated blood.

I couldn't really find any good explanations http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10230536.

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2010