How do you deal with the resentment and the depression?

We've been TTC for 18 months, five with fertility meds and one IUI. I have found that I am avoiding people now because I can't bare to be around pregnant women and babies. I know it's not their fault, but I just feel so angry. My husband is the be patient, it will happen when it happens kind of person, and he doesn't seem to recognize how the constant hope-despair cycle is wearing on me. What do you do to deal with it? Last month I was so hopeful. I had three good size follicles and I didn't have any mid month spotting like normal. When I found out I wasn't pregnant, I was crushed. I haven't been able to pick myself up from that blow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Relax, you are trying stressing out too much. Have sex and put your legs and pevic area somewhat in the air. I know it sounds stupid. I did this with # 2 after 3 years I conceived right after I did this. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I TTC'd for 7 years, and was told I wouldn't have children. My first two docs gave me info on adopting. Long story short, I ended up with 3 beautiful children. The wait was agonizing, and my first husband was less than supportive. I cried a lot. I initially stayed away from pregnant women and small children - but eventually I found great joy in others blessings. I think that was healthier (for me) because hiding just seemed to make me more depressed. There are wonderful books about infertility, you could also go to counseling. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2010