Fever but not tired?

Wondering if this is something going on different than regular cold/virus that's going around. Normally when DS is feverish he puts himself to bed and sleeps it off, sometimes before I even know he's sick. Today he came home from school thinking he was sick, but aside from a little stuffiness seemed fine. I humored him and took his temp and he had a low fever. He was his normal, active self all evening, took a book to bed and I heard him still moving around around 9. He was up again at 3, fever a little higher, so gave him more medicine, but he's wide awake and still up an hour later. And still nothing else wrong, a little stuffed up and a fever. No chills, no aches, no cough, no stomach problems, and as wide awake as if he'd had a full night's sleep. I do expect he'll crash later, but is there something else I should be watching for that's going around?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Kids get sick. Be happy he is not puking and pooping all the time type sick. It is probably a small flue.

Answer by louise2 at 5:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think its just something small. Lots of fluid and rest.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010