How long do your periods last? Trying to concieve and need help with determining best time for ovulation.

Does anyone else have very light periods which last only a few days or less? My cycles are pretty regular coming at every 28 days but they have never lasted more than 3 or 4 days. A few months ago they dropped down to just one day. I am trying to figure out my best days for ovulation and concieving based on this but I'm not sure how anymore. Should I still be calculating the days as I normally would with two weeks from the first day of my LPM (even though they only last a day) or some other way now? For example, AF came on the 22nd and lasted just one day. So are my best chances of concieving still around the 31st to the 4th or another time? Also, if your periods last only for a day or two, did you have any trouble with concieving? TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You ovulate 12-16 days before the first day of AF regardless how light or heavy the flow is but if your period itself is fluxuating between light an heavy or drastic differences in length from month to month, it could be a sign of hormone imbalance
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Fertility Friend (.com) is a great site. I would start Charting. You can get a great temp checker @ Walgreens right with the preggo tests.

Charting with help know when is the best time to TTC. Good Luck
    RileysMommy1004

Answer by RileysMommy1004 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• get the ovulation test i thought i was at 10 day i was really at 14 and i would quit having sex so i wasnt getting pregnant the OPK's are really a goood thing to get seriously it helps you get pregnant faster!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2010