How would you handle this BFF situation? I am Pissed and my Feelings are hurt!

It is my Bday this Sat, my DH made plans for Sunday which involved tickets. A week ago he asked my BFF to watch our baby for a few hours on Sunday and she agreed to it.

She calls me yesterday and tells me 1) that her new "friend" that she met on MAtch.com is taking her out on Sat. night and Sunday he has some sort of car show thing that he is attending that he wants her to go to and (2) would it be ok if some girl that she works with watched the baby on Sunday instead.

So not only do I feel like she is ditching me on my BDay ( we had dinner planned) but that she skunked out on Sunday too! All because of a boy.

I made other arrangements for the baby on Sunday - which she told me she would pay for (I am not letting her assuage her guilt that easily!) and I am currently not talking to her in fear that I may say something REALLY Ugly.

What would you wise women do?? How would you handle her?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• i would grow up and realize that the world doesn't revolve around me and that things change. Most people in a new relationship will put everyone and everything on hold for that other person. I would also realize that she may not be as reliable anymore. As for her, she needs to grow up and realize that when you give your word on something, you should keep it.

the thing that struck me is that you act like you are her parent instead of friend when you 'punish' her "I am not letting her assuage her guilt that easily"
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• She just not a person you can trust. So in the future don't. There is no need to make a big deal out of it, just move on. But I would never ask favors from her again.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well Jade, I guess you are right - she is acting like a child and I am acting like a parent.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• But I know the feeling when you get your feelings hurt by someone you trust, it's natural. Happy B-day!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Even though that was pretty messed up atleast she was trying to make other plans I mean she does have a life too.

What do you want her to do say NO to the guy I mean if she is single and living life hey I would have to cash it too..sorry this is not what you wanted to hear but turn the tables around what would you do??? GL Let it go she sounds like a good friend anyway if anything wish her luck and hope maybe one day you and her can babysit eachothers kid. Don't sound jealous towards her just act normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well ANon 9:46 - I would expect her to tell Mr. Match that she had other plans for the few hours that she committed to on Sunday, Period. That is all, I am not trying to put the Kibosh on her fun or interfere with her life. I am not jealous, I am just pissed.

chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I would not trust her again. Not only did she act very immaturely and toss plans you had already made with her for a guy, then she says she will get some random girl she works with to watch your baby. I'm not sure that could have been more insulting. Yes, things happen but this is not one of those things. People getting sick happens, car trouble happens, ditching a friend for an online boyfriend is just ridiculous.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• She's not your bff and it sucks but you have to move on. Maybe not completely cut her out of your life but definitely be less present.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• IDK, if I had promised my best friend to help her out for her birthfay, esp involving something you need tix for, I would have told Romeo I had another committment, could we get together later? That's what a GOOD friend does.
    Anonymous

• lol "birthday" ^^^
    Anonymous