OK so what do I do here?

I live in the city and have a fire place. I just heard a chip munk, squirrel, or a raccoon in it. I'm not sure witch. I don't want it in my house. Have you ever had this?

I don't know where else to ask this.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pets

• Close the damper and call a pest removal service. If you light a fire it might not get out, die and decompose in your fireplace. It could also be in your roof and not your fire place. After the removal have them put the metal grate on your fireplace and/or close any entrance in your roof.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Most have a flue that will close the stack. do that and then have someone check the roof to see if you can put a metal grid in it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Or, you could light a fire and I bet that it would run like hell! Come on PETA, get me, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• lol i was gonna say light a fire too.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 9:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• unless you SEE it in the fireplace, grab a flashlight and look up. If it were a raccoon, believe me, you would know it! shine it up, and check to see that the flue is closed. If it's not, and air can flow up & out the chimney, take the metal handle and latch it shit. This will prevent anything from coming in. If it bothers you that much, make a couple calls to find out how much it'll cost to have the chimney capped.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

I'll check if it has a flue I'm not sure it's an apt. so I can't add any thing. I hope it has a flue cause if not that will suck I'm in mesa, AZ and can't light it. I just moved from ID which this is very common but I only lived there two yrs with no fire place. I've lived here my whole life and never had this. That's why I'm not sure what it is I never see any animals like that here I just reconize the noise.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• K I closed the flue and will call my office when they open My lease says I can't call pest control they have to so I have two hrs unless this covers as emergency. Thanks I see what I can get. Thanks a lot.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2010