My mom

How can I make my mom love my second son as much as she do my first she don't want anythin 2 do wit him I jus had him it suppose 2 b the happiest thing in my life but im jus sad what can I say 2 her

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 9:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• If you just had him it might take time for her to bond with him. I don't know though, my grandmother always preferred me over my brother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My Mom loves all of her grandchildren but the first grandchild (my oldest son) has always had a big piece of her heart. He came at a time when she was very depressed and felt nothing was going good for her. My son pulled her out put her on top of the world. She will never forget what that did for her and may have saved her life.
    Just give her time to bond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Wow, give her time. We old folks move slowly so give her a break. Unless there is another issue that you didn't mention she will probably come around but it takes time to get to know babies. Some are not comfortable with little babies. I worry I will drop them now that my arthritis gives me problems. I also can't take the noise of crying babies so it could be something simple. Don't sweat it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• She never ask how the baby doin only my oldest she didn't want me 2 have him when I was pregnat she called him a thing and she calls him names im jus stressed out
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 11:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You can't make somebody love somebody. Give her time to get to know him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Not much, you can't force someone to love someone else.I guess you could ask her to babysit & go grocery shopping or tell her you want to take the oldest one to a movie or somewhere else.She may love the baby but for some reason doesn't want you to know how she feels?IDK, but people are strange.Yup if you trust her ask her to sit.Other wise love that baby as you do & don't let dumpy gramma get you down~!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You can't make anyone do anything that they don't want to do. If possible, just stop seeing her and calling her for a bit. Talk to her about why you are doing this when she asks. Inevitably she will.

My MIL had said when my daughter was still a wee baby that she wasn't at all as cute as my son. She dotes on my son, who is only 17 months older than my daughter. I'm talking about when the kids are both in the room doing something, she will flat out say "He is so much smarter than she is. She just copies everything he does, so she's not learning like he did. He figured it out without watching someone."
    Oh yeah, she said that. Trust me when I say this...you better talk it out and bring her behavior to light. Do this before you hold it all in and end up screaming at her and saying things you don't mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2010