the car....

we are getting a new car.we just re- financed the house so we can afford a new car..the thing is it will be my car but dh told me to tell everyone to say it is his?he also said he didnt want to get it until after easter because his sister would have a fit.we pay our bills, we dont spend alot of money i dont get what the deal is.i feel like im not worthy.what would you think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You never know with guys. I drive the "new" car because I take the baby to the sitters everyday etc., but technically it is my DH's car and he occasionally reminds that he "hasn't driven HIS car in forever" ...Turd.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Just ignore him. When YOU are in the driver's seat, it's your car. Enjoy it!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• What's with the deal about his sister having a fit? It's none of her damn business, tell her to get over it if she has a fit. If it's your casr, tell everybody it's your new car, they will know it when they see you driving it anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i think maybe i feel guilty because he works 2 jobs and i work pt time.its our choice.his sister is kind of the type A raining queen.and the biggest bitch you ever want to meet.i told my dh when we re- financed the to loss the second job.....he said no he didnt want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Why does it have to be yours or his? if you both re-financed the house to get the car isn't it both of yours? Can't you just say our new car? I would personally say unless you owe his sister money then if she has something to say about it you can just smile and say I know isnt it great we deserve this for and list all the accomplishments your family has made. If she still has something to say just chalk it up to jealousy.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think he has some ego issues. We got a new car last year for me and my husband's like, who are we kidding, it's your car. He has a beater 94 camaro that has definitely seen better days. My husband works and I stay home with our daughter. I also don't see what his sister has anything to do with it. I would ignore her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I would not hold out on getting a new car just because sil will have a fit (unless you all owe her money). We have his and hers vehicles but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. He can drive my suv and I can drive his trucks without there being a fit. Just tell everybody it is a family new car.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• If you had to re-finance the house, you can't afford the car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• first we dont owe my sil any thing...OMG we re-financed the house because we could get a better rate.hey 4.2 isnt bad.yes we can afford it.actualy we could afford a bigger house.my dh is very cheap . we dont have many bills.we live way under our means....why is there always one person i have to explain my self to??????i dont like giving out my finances over the internent.OP_OP_OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Oh, I wasn't saying you owed you sil anything I was just that saying that would be the only reason I would care what sil thought. Sorry for the mix up.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010