5 to 6 yrs for Jobs?

Jobs may be back to 6% in 5-6 yrs?? WHAT? What an estimate. I hope it makes you guys feel better.
This is what happens when you try and spend your county out of a recession. Sounds to me like jobs will be flat until Republican methods are in effect for a year or 2. While the GDP looks good for Oct-Dec they do admit that was mostly because of Christmas shopping and restocking businesses.
Do you think it should be more important to get people working than all of Obamas pet projects thru congress? Do you believe his pet projects (healthcare, cap and tax, amnesty etc)will help people get a job?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course not. Obama knows that he has this year only to ram his pet projects through. After that, the republicans will be in control of congress and the senate.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Here comes the typical stinky BO supporter comment, "Well, Obama is creating government jobs.." Too bad they don't understand the differing impact of government jobs vs. private sector jobs on the US economy.  I am to the point now, that I feel sorry for them. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• ** before they come after me with pitchforks... LOL.. The comments are stinky.. Not the supporters.... :o)**
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• That will be his reelection campaign. That he "has" to be reelected to get jobs.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

Link Please!  I want proof that the supporters aren't stinky.  As a matter of fact, how do we know anyone here isn't stinky?  Comments included. 

But seriously, is this where we are, that you have to add a disclaimer onto a post so that the people that internalize everything aren't offended?  I don't really think the disclaimer will stop them from being offended. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• People have been losing jobs like crazy since the Clinton administration. Thanks NAFTA and outsourcing. It did not start under the Obama administration. My mother lost her job to someone in India. She had worked for the company for years. My father worked for a steel mill that went tits up and lost 2/3 of his pension.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Democrats get re-elected when unemployment is high. The people get scared and start looking to someone else to provide for them. Simple really, why would a Democratic President want low unemployment at a time of his re-election? Unemployment favors Democratic majorities. Basic Political Science.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• That's not what I was reading today. Jobless claims are lower than they were 2005. I linked in another post I have here.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• The current administration wants as many people dependent on the government as possible.

Helping to make an environment where jobs come back is no and NEVER has been a part of their plan

ON PURPOSE, PEOPLE!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Jobless claims are lower than they were 2005

No, they aren't.
    "In a positive sign for the labor market, the number of workers filing new claims for jobless benefits fell last week by more than expected and continuing claims fell to their lowest level since December 2008."
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704094104575143470540689834.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

And while it's a nice warm and fuzzy thought, a portion of the drop in existing claims is always due to people who run out of benefits, not people getting new jobs. The truer picture comes from the U-6:
    "Coronado pointed out that hourly earnings increased by just 0.1 percent last month and that a broader measure of unemployment that bureaucrats call U6 rose to 16.8 percent from 16.5 percent."
    http://moneywatch.bnet.com/investing/blog/against-grain/job-report-may-be-less-positive-than-it-seems/469/

Good news is when U6 drops.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010