Would you be pissed/upset if a relative who is aware of the fact that you are not religious sends you emails EVERY DAY of a religious matter?

Example, today's email:

Good morning! Ever find yourself worrying about something? Maybe you don't realize it, but sooner or later you find yourself with a furrowed brow and wringing your hands about something. Bills, money, deadlines, children, parents, teachers, home matters, car maintenance or repairs....all of these things can cause us to start to worry. But, we don't have to begin to worry about things like these. When you feel yourself start to worry, stop, repent and say out loud:

1. I am strong, courageous, and firm; I fear not and am not in terror, for it is the Lord my God Who goes with me; He will not fail me or forsake me. Deuteronomy 31:6

2. In the day of trouble I will call to You, for You will answer me. Psalm 86:7 (NIV) New International Version

3. Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, they aren't doing any harm. Get over it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• CONT

This goes on for several more paragraphs (10 in today's). EVERY DAY. I don't read them but it irritates me. I would never dream od sending a barrage of my beliefs at her because I know she is a firm Christian. But I know if I ask her to stop the family will be in an uproar. Also I know she does it because she cares. What should I do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Maybe they send it out as bulk mail and you are on their contact/friends list. Just tell them to remove you as you don't wish to receive those emails or block the person. You have options so don't be angry. Empower yourself with those options.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• just delete them. My father in law sends me stuff he know is offensive to me everyday, so I don't bother reading them I just hit delete.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I just ignore them and don't open them...My dad sends a ton of fwd's that are jokes...I don't even open them.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Just delete them, I don't know of anything else you can do without starting, as you put it, an uproar and causing a lot of unnecessary stress for yourself and everybody else.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I simply asked my MIL to stop sending them. She sent one that was making fun of my beliefs at one point. I sent her back saying "Uh, mom I thought you knew I am XXXXX" in a response followed bya quick but polite note asking her to please refrain from sending me chain-emails etc. Especially those on religion.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• If it bothers you that much say something. They might be offended but it will stop.
    indigo645

Answer by indigo645 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Hmm...I wonder how many christians would be willing to "just get over it" or just delete daily muslim, pagan or atheistic emails arriving in their inbox from relatives that knew their religious stance. I'm guessing not many.

If it were me, I'd just tell them to take me off the email list (if it's being sent to more than just me). If I was being singled out then I'd let them know I wasn't interested in it and if it continued I'd ask them point blank why they feel it's okay to ignore my beliefs and requests.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yes.

My grandmother used to do that to me all the time, until I started sending her emails with information about other religions, like Wicca and Satanism.

I think she got the hint!  Now, if only she'd stop sending me bullshit "Obama is the anti-Christ" emails...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2010