So all of you that are screaming about socialism

Do you not use the public library, parks, schools? Are you planning on accepting your social security checks or Medicaid when you are old? This is a serious question. I am not attacking you just seriously wondering.

trippyhippy

Asked by trippyhippy at 10:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am probably a beginner Socialist and I agree that we need Health Care for the uninsured....so I'm okay. :-) I already have health care so nobody is forcing me to get it.LOL. BUT to those who are dying because they have no health care, I think it would be wonderful for them to have it. Isn't that so easy to understand?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I am not screaming that!

Answer by older at 10:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Older- lol
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Just so you know... it's Medicare. Medicaid is what poor people get when the cannot afford health insurance. I'm not exactly one who screams socialism, but I do believe a line needs to be drawn somewhere. Schools, libraries, etc are good things. Forcing me to buy health insurance without actually addressing the real problem and truly fixing the broken healthcare system? Eh, that's not such a great thing. Fix what's broken first before you spend all this money trying to help everyone. That's JMHO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Paying taxes to provide for community services is one thing. Forcing people to pay out of their pocket for a service/item and giving them no choice in the matter is wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Do you not use the public library...getting fewer and closing down....

parks......no money to build new ones or for the upkeep of others and we dont have many of them here.

schools.....hahahahahahahaha...our schools are BROKE and FAILING and CLOSING left and right! GOOD JOB FEDS!

planning on accepting your social security checks or Medicaid when you are old...I WOULD if I COULD because I PAID into it but I guess no one TOLD you its almost BANKRUPT and they are pretty much guaranteeing it wont be there when WE get old!

And we can keep going. Post Office...Broke and Failing. Fannie Mae/freddie mac...HUGE factor the HOUSING crisis!  PLEASE name me ONE Govt program that is SUCCEEDING!! PLEASE!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Just so its clear... Medicaid isn't just for "POOR" people... It is for people that have a lower income based on the amount of people in their home... and lets face it who can really afford insurance if it isn't offered thru their job?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Public library - rarely use
    Public parks - don't use
    Public schools - don't use
    Social Security/Medicaid - won't be around when I retire, so no.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Oh excuse me anon :13, but I will not play semantics with you. Everybody equates poor with lower income so what's the difference? Actual Medicaid is for the poorest of the poor, other state run medical programs are for working class who meet certain income guidelines, but did you know they pay a premium in most states? Granted, it's quite small. Plus, those programs are mainly for children only. You have to have very little income to qualify for family Medicaid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Please people... it's MEDICARE! Not Medicaid. Ugh, can't we get even one thing right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2010