My son is fascinated with...

Putting the dogs food in the dogs water! So it swells up and gets soggy! He wastes more food than the dog eats, what do I do to get him to stay out of it? I dont want to put it in another room because the dog cant get to it. I keep all doors closed so he doesnt go in there and destroy the room.

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LMBO!!! My son did the same thing. Only thing I came up with was to stop leaving the food out for the dog to 'free range'. I'd feed the dog just enough food a couple times a day.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Thanks. I will try that. The dog isn't feeling good, I took him to the vet after I got him and he was pretty sick and they started him on meds but he doesn't eat alot. The previous owners fed him table scraps so I think that is why he don't eat his dog food.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• We keep the supply in a garbage can in the pantry (or you could do the garage if you have one) and we feed the dog on the patio. The dog eats all her food at once.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• lol I have a really gross one for ya--my son stole my coffee creamer and poured it into the cat's water bowl and ate some before i knew what happened!!!! I called poision control and everything cause i was scared the cat saliava would make him sick!! lol i was very horrific at the time but hillarious now looking back!
    Anonymous