Ugh! Potty training!

My son will sit on the potty but he wont pee. He will then get up after 20 mins of sitting there and go pee in the floor. I thought the bare bottom method would help him realize he is peeing and when he does run him to the bathroom and tell him to pee in his potty. Of course I take him multiple times to the potty a day but it does no good. What do I do? I know I am soooo close but yet still so far. =( HELP! He is 2. 5 will be 3 in July.

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take about a week. Make sure there are no distractions, no place to go, nothing. Wake him up and tell him, Let's go potty. Have him sit on the potty and try to go. Tell him to try to go. He either does or doesn't go. Let him sit only about 5 or 10 minutes. Then, let him go play, in underwear. 30 minutes later, take him by the hand and say, Let's go try to potty. Have him sit again. 5-10 and then up. Repeat all day for the week. He should be close to trained after the week. If he does good with 30 minutes between, then increase to 40. If he does good with that, up it to 50. He should start going on his own once you have progressed this far. He will have her pottying on a schedule. LOL This should take care of day and night should naturally develope along with this, but, maybe a little after
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2010