My son is fascinated with... PIOG

Putting the dogs food in the dogs water! So it swells up and gets soggy! He wastes more food than the dog eats, what do I do to get him to stay out of it? I dont want to put it in another room because the dog cant get to it. I keep all doors closed so he doesnt go in there and destroy the room. He is 2. 5 by the way. I have tried telling him no and spanking him but it does no good. HELP

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pets

• Right now he's exploring. It's a science experiment for 2 yo's. What happens when things are put in water. How is he with putting things in his mouth? The reason I ask is have you seen the dollar store expanding pills? they grow to sponge animals and such? they at this age love those they are fascinated with them. Also they love just playing in water pouring from one container to another. When he does this try focusing his attention on something else. an activity close to putting dog food in water. Bubbles are also great at this age. All these activities do require adult supervision.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I would personally stop free-feeding the dog. If you feed the dog on a schedule and pick up the food/bowl when s/he is finished, your son won't be able to play with it.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2010