whats the best way to lose weight after having a baby?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet and exercise. AND breastfeeding.

Answer by vbruno at 8:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Check out Crossfit gym near you, its a different kind of workout (intense) and many women see great results. We had a girl in our class who gained 60lbs and lost most of the wieght in less than a year. She looks great!

Answer by sondrajoy at 8:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Breastfeeding! And exercise of course.

Answer by purvislets at 9:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Cut out the diet and regular soda. You can lose 20 to 30 pounds doing that. Drink water, cut down on sweets especially ice cream which packs on the pounds. Try walking after each meal to increase your metabalism. Eileen

Answer by EileenMarie at 12:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Breastfeeding. Drink a lot of water and Yoga (get a DVD or 2). Yoga works best in the morning before the baby wakes up and at night after the baby is in bed. Maybe an hour of yoga a day. That's what I did and as the baby got older I started incorporating her into my yoga poses too. It was fun. My older 2 would imitate me too, it was a family affair. Anyway, I got back down to my pre-pregnancy size fairly quickly (within 3 months).

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• breast feeding helped me a lot and walking

Answer by Patience1 at 4:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I would definitely only put any money and energy into Yoga and Walking. Unless if you are a runner, I can't run because I have asthma, so walking is good enough for me. But my sister lost every ounce of pregnancy weight from just doing Yoga every morning.

Answer by 35Steph at 8:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• After my second child, I lost all of my pregnancy weight from both kids (only 10 pounds left) just from breastfeeding, but my advice is to at least start an excersice routine (yoga & walking) a little before you stop breastfeeding.

Answer by 35Steph at 8:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Breast feed the baby lol i had twins and that put me right back into shape and eat healthy.

Answer by pamcakes71 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Breastfeeding, I also found that cutting back portions a little bit helped. and of course exercise

Answer by MeyganCasillas at 9:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2008