Am i a bad wife?

I feel so quilty. I can be the best wifie and mom in the world, but sometimes i can say mean things to my husband. When im mad i call him a peice of crap, and i take things and stress out on him. How can i stop doing this. He is a very sweet man and deserves better. Please no bitches

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say you are a bad wife. I would say that the way you deal with stress and frustration might be a bit immature, but you can work on that. And before you accuse me of bashing you, let me just tell you that I used to be the same way. I would say horrible things to my ex, and take out frustrations that had nothing to do with him on him. I deal with things better now, with my boyfriend, but I have, on rare occasions, fallen back into old habits. But I try not to. I try to remember that once I say something, it's out there and even if I apologize, he'll still know I said it and wonder if I really meant it, even if I didn't. I try to remember that it's not his fault that X happened, or Y didn't happen, and so it's not fair to take it out on him. Basically, if you're mad or arguing, just think to yourself "Do I really want him to think I think ______?" before you say what you're thinking. If you don't, then don't say it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think we all do things like that when we are stressed. Just make sure that you tell him you didn't mean to say those things and let him know you care!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Maybe you could try to do something before the stress gets to that level. Can you have him pitch in more or have more of a schedule? figure out what the triggers are are try to difuse before you get to that point. Find something to let the stress out like exercise. I have done this as well but it is in your hands. You shouldnt take stuff out on him just cause he is there.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think we all do that when have kids and are stressed. Next time just take a deep breath and relieze he didnt do anything wrong, he there to listen to you and be there for you. He is stressed to sometimes, think of how you would feel if he said it to you.
    indigo645

Answer by indigo645 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2010